This recipe is a slight repeat from last year - I made these again today and tweaked it a little. The ones I made last year were a little dense and looked funny, but these ones looked and tasted perfect. These ones were also gluten free, though you can still make them with spelt or all purpose flour too. If you don't have a donut pan, you can get one at Target or on Amazon
Pumpkin Doughnuts v2.0Sugar Free, gluten free
Makes a dozen doughnuts, depending on the size of your pan Dry Ingredients:
- 2 cup (125g) Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Blend (Arrowhead Mills or Bob's Red Mill work) or Spelt Flour or regular All Purpose
- 1 cup Stevia Baking Blend or other dry sweetener
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or 1/4 tsp cinnamon plus 1/4 tsp nutmeg) dash cinnamon
- 1 cup soy or almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp canned pumpkin or pumpkin puree
- 3 TBSP Coconut Oil, Melted (sunflower oil or another neutral tasting oil would probably work too).
Method: Preheat oven to 175 c / 350 f. In a large bowl, assemble the dry ingredients, using a whisk to combine, and set aside. Use the wooden spoon to make a well in the dry ingredients, and then pour all the wet ingredients into it. Use the wooden spoon to mix all ingredients. It will form a squishy dough. Spoon the dough into a greased doughnut pan. You can smooth out the tops of the donuts with your finger to make them look more uniform. Bake for 15-20 minutes.